The aims of the group:
- To define a common understanding and definition of how Patient Engagement currently operates in the drug and medical devices development lifecycle and future opportunities for involvement across the life cycle.
- To provide a forum for members to share and build knowledge and ideas on ways to incorporate the patient voice early and consistently as a clinical program evolves
- To promote the importance of patient engagement from a regulatory perspective
- To organise meetings, webinars and opportunities for the Patient Engagement SPIN group.
The group should be:
A source of best practice for applying Patient Engagement insights and learnings in the drug and medical devices development lifecycle.
- Global in focus (Europe, North America and ROW).
- The group will only be open to the TOPRA membership.
- Patient groups or patient advocates will be encouraged to join the Steering Committee and core team.
- The steering group are a “core team" to benefit new members where possible.
- Leadership team to be reviewed annually to elect Steering Committee members.